TEACHERS: Register now for the Doodle for Google contest. I’m sure you have noticed that the Google logo changes on a regular basis – on special holidays, for example. Entries are due on March 31, 2009. Schools can submit up to six of their best entries. See rules/guidelines here. The theme for this year is “What I Wish for the World”.
- The national winner receives a $15,000 college scholarship, a trip to Google’s headquarters in New York, a laptop, and a T-shirt with their design on it. In addition, the winner’s school receives $25,000 of tech equipment.
- Three national finalists receive a trip to the Google New York Office, a laptop computer, and a t-shirt printed with their doodle.
- Each of the other 36 Regional Winners will win a trip to the Google New York Office and a t-shirt printed with their doodle.
- Each of the other 360 State Finalists will receive a “Doodle 4 Google” official winner’s certificate.
- New this year is a District Quality Participation Prize in the amount of $10,000 to the school district that most encourages high-quality participation from its schools. The District Quality Participation Prize will also be a grant that goes towards the establishment/improvement of a computer lab.